Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Birthday Blessing.



Happy birthday to my older brother, Phillip!
He shares a birthday with my grandma as well as John's great grandma. Who knew? Anyway, as I woke and prayed this morning, I discovered that today is also the Feast Day of St. Phillip Neri! Mom, I thought you named Phillip after a General Hospital character, no? Ha! Anyway, here's a cool little dose of St. Phillip Neri,



"St. Philip possessed a playful humour, combined with a shrewd wit. He considered a cheerful temper to be more Christian than a melancholy one, and carried this spirit into his whole life:
"A joyful heart is more easily made perfect than a downcast one."
July 22, 1515-May 25,1595
So happy birthday, Phillip! To my fellow middle sibling, may it be a wonderful one. May St. Phillip of Neri, patron saint of Rome, PRAY FOR YOU and US on this special day. Here's to you! Have a shot of Patron for me! :) Salud!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I named him after a saint....but alas, it was after a character in All My Children

    ReplyDelete