Remember that uber ironic episode of The Twilight Zone where the guy obsessed with books and reading ends up locking himself in the bank where he works accidentally and then realizes Nuclear War has broken out (or whatever it was) and everybody was dead and he was the only man left on earth and he had "ALL OF THIS TIME!!!!"? And then, and then, his glasses break and he can't see and you're like "THAT SUUUUCKS!"? Yeah, so I kinda feel like that today. I, too, have lots of time on my hands due to a very quiet sleeping baby and I would love to sit in front of my computer and just absorb every little interneted thing but you know what? I CAN'T BECAUSE IT IS SO MOTHERLOVING HOT OUTSIDE. Which, because of COURSE our AC is broken, makes me want to NOT sit in front of the internet or even in this house at all.
I am looking at the thermometer in my house and it says 87 degrees and the A.C. is on. Weakly. Barely. I think it's just air.....maybe it's a bunch of Munchkins in my basement, all blowing into my vents at the same time. I need more Munchkin! (Yeah, I don't know).
I await my parents' visit tonight anxiously. Can't wait to see them and show off the lil' one. Should be a good four days. Swimming, shopping, and some moving of furniture will be in order and EATING. Yes, the eating. Lots of it. Springfield has over 820 restaurants in this tiny little postage stamp-sized city and a few of them are actually good. "Supposedly" Springfield is known for inventing Cashew Chicken which, surprise surprise, isn't anything more than chicken with Cashews on it. Ta-da! We suck.
Being this sweaty sorta reminds me of visiting Puerto Rico. You know, where you put on sunscreen, go outside and it drips all over your face and gets into your eyes and the burning! THE BURNING. Yes, definitely Puerto Rico-esque but without the yummy Plantains, tropical beaches and amazing snorkeling opportunities. Ta-da, we suck again.
I know, I know. I shouldn't hate so much, especially on my city, but when it is this hot (I think outside is 99 degrees today) I cannot help it. "I'm meeeelllltiiiinng..." I just made two Wizard of Oz references in one post so I think that's my cue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment