Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween.

Halloween was spent at my brother and sister-in-law's house for a kid-friendly, festive shindig! Costumes were optional, but being the Halloween dork that I am (and having an amazing sister-in-law who can SEW), I went as a Vintage Halloween Witch. I love the costume and I hope to wear it every year! Unfortunately, The H-Man (my son) had a bad melt down during Trick or Treating which was....unfortunate. Especially because ToTing is really an adult excuse to get candy, too, right? Right? Anyway, we left rather early from the party after the 5 houses or so that Henry decided he sort of wanted to Trick or Treat to but not really. Have no idea why. Oh well, next year will be better because he will be older! John and I topped off the evening with Arsenic and Old Lace. It was the very first movie we ever watched together when we met in October of 2006 and cements our love of Halloween....and Cary Grant!

On the way home from the party, Henry fell asleep and John was on the cell phone with his parents wishing them a Happy Halloween so we drove through South Pasadena and San Marino on our way home. All I can say is that Halloween is alive and well! I know that last year, I had an amazing Halloween that really was my best Halloween ever as an adult. I know it can't be topped, but seeing THOUSANDS (not hyperbole, literally thousands) of ToTers and family in the streets of South Pasadena, and San Marino, I felt secure that my son and future children will have a place to ToT for a long, long time. Halloween ain't goin' nowhere. :) I was also geeky enough to drive past the filing locations from the movie Halloween and was down right giddy at the sight I saw: streets packed, houses lit, parents and children having a great time, candy flying, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA. Ok, not the last three, but everything else I really did see and it was so cool! SO COOL. I love Halloween.

Today we as Catholics celebrate All Saint's Day. I meant to get to Mass to celebrate, but Henry came down with a nasty cold as have I and I really don't feel like doing much but drinking hot liquids and surfing the 'net. I feel like October was really celebrated well by my family and I but I am POOPED. I need to just relax and rest for the next week to get my energy up for Thanksgiving! Mmmm......Thanksgiving.......









Goodbye, Halloween. See you next year!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the costumes! Henry is adorable, you are adorable, everyone is adorable! But Andrea would get my vote for scariest costume ever, yikes! I SHUDDER to think of some of the clothes I wore in the 80s, and I was only 7 years old when they ended!

    I hear ya. I am SO READY for a quiet week or two. It's been insane. But get your rest in while you can, because it's going to be GO GO GO when Potter time rolls around!

    ReplyDelete