Thursday, December 3, 2009

Henry, Age 1. Feast of Francis Xavier!

Things that you never believe until you are a parent:

1. SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS.
2. TIME REALLY DOES FLY.
3. THEY REALLY DO GROW THAT QUICKLY.

Remember that little guy above? Yeah, he's one. ONE YEAR OLD. I saw it coming and yet...it still snuck up on me in a way.

We have quite an eventful year! Got off to a rocky start barely being able to nurse, then picked up and really hit our stride just in time for 10 months when we had to take Henry to the hospital for that bad burn. Now, two months later, all healed up, I cannot believe he is one. ONE! So far, Henry can cruise around furniture on his own, talk in jibberish and say Da-da, is in love with playing with pots and pans in our kitchen and really is a mover and a shaker. He seems happiest when he is in his own little world, playing by himself, or when he's goofing off with his two parents. He loves to bounce and be tickled and likes to eat things he really shouldn't. Really. Henry, put the lint brush down. No, that doesn't mean that you can eat the computer cable instead, OR the Bible. NOT THE BIBLE. NO! Lots of No's.

He has stood on his own for a few seconds, but has the Leal stubborness...or is it the Carter stubborness? Or is it both!? Ugh, oh noes. The kid is stubborn and is refusing to walk. I'm OK with that for now.

We had an UN birthday for him last Sunday when my brother and his wife and kids were in town. We took lots of pics but I thought I'd post some of those I took this morning on his real birthday.

The morning birthday shot. He will turn one at 4:32 p.m. today!

Instead of cake, I made Henry an "H" shaped pancake!


Wondering what all the fuss is about....

A little whipped cream and some egg yolk, can you tell I'm totally all about my "H" shaped pancake?

You mean, I can eat it? For reals?

Awww, I just love this shot. He was really happy!

NOM NOM NOM, double-fisting the pancake.

We washed it down with some whole milk. He totally spit out the first mouthful but really liked it on the second and third try! Yay! I think weaning will be a piece of...pancake!
All done. He sighed and leaned back in his chair. He had conquered the birthday breakfast!
I kinda like the idea of a Birthday Breakfast. Perhaps, this will be our new tradition!
The day is just getting started, too! G-ma called and sung Henry a Happy Birthday and later we are going to Mass together. He got some great gifts from grandmas and grandpas and cousins and aunts and uncles!
On top of that, the Feast of Francis Xavier is today (his middle name) and I love feast days! I think a walk and swing at the park is in order, too.
Happy Birthday, my little bear!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, happy birthday Henry!! You are growing so fast, I cannot believe it. Before you know it we will be celebrating your second birthday! I am going to post the video of Ivy singing him happy birthday on our blog later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! I like the idea of a Birthday Breakfast - awesome pancake! I'm also digging the idea of a pancake instead of cake or something :)

    ReplyDelete