I still seem to be extremely lazy. HA. Anyway, I cannot believe I have been here almost three weeks. It has been HEAVENLY. For the most part. Some family drama came up and really, who DOESN'T have drama around the holiday season. I distinctly remember the line from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Mrs. Grizwald says, "It's Christmas time and we're all in misery!" Pretty much. The day was nice, though and although Christmas is one of my favorite holidays of all time, I am glad that the day itself is over. Until next year, or until July when I get sick of the summer and start whipping out old Christmas movies again...
As for the trip so far, I have been quite busy. We did in fact do Disneyland which was beyond fun and did Knott's which was beyond laughable. Knott's is SO rundown and I just felt bad for it the whole time I was there. I did some shopping, met up with great people like a few youth I used to be a Youth Minister to back in the day, caught up on the latest "gossip" from family anf friends and the highlight was seeing my BFF Katie for a whole 5 hours, woot! We only see eachother a few times per year but I think this time we made the most of it. Of course, hanging out with friends when you have a child is a challenge....as is wearing the color black. BUT! It was a lot of fun and I feel really fulfilled in that friendship. *waves to Katie* You rock!
I think that tonight we are headed to a New Year's Eve party and then tomorrow getting up early to view the Rose Parade on T.V. Nothing too glamorous but at this stage in my life, I am unglamorous and that is O.K. by me. Henry has been sick with a cold that we gave him, and we all need to just rest and take it easy until full recovery. Tomorrow we'll attend Mass for the Solemnity of Mary the Mother of God and I baked some yummy Chocolate Chip cookies today that we'll be digging into tomorrow night for dessert, along with Crock-pot country-style ribs. Dude, it's alll about the food!
I think that visiting for a month has been great for me. It really makes me more secure to go back to Missouri and live out our little life together, without all of the family. I need to touch base with "home" like this in order to feel complete. It is what it is. The weather has been drop-dead gorgeous, albeit a bit on the cool side. Every time I drive the 210 freeway and look up into the foothills, I just want to hug 'em! I They are so beautiful and I always took them for granted.
No pics of little Henry but as of December 28th, he is officially walking....just not a lot. He took majors steps and we caught it on video. He needs some more confidence, but we'll be putting down he started walking at about a little less than 13 months. He is eating more and more solids but still likes to nurse. I wish I had a picture to post of him, but I didn't bring my laptop so I won't be able to upload pics until I get back home.
It's bittersweet at this point.....I miss my own space, but I really don't want to leave just yet. Thankfully, I have until the 10th. I'm already starting to feel homesick again. I know, I know, suck it up, Sara. I'm trying, I'm trying...
Thursday, December 31, 2009
So, yeah, I guess being in CA hasn't helped my posting ability.
Labels:
california,
christmas 2009,
family,
family vacation,
henry,
holiday,
homesick,
milestones,
road trip,
walking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bittersweet really is the word, isn't it! We were also glad to be in our space, but now we miss everyone. Its good that you can spend this precious time with everyone and stock up on family memories and quality moments...Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete