I usually can't stand her but then she goes and gets Paula Dean to come and surprise this youngster on Oprah's show who wants to start a cooking venture to honor his dead twin. GAH, I am so glad I am not wearing make-up today!
On a totally unrelated note, besides the deep emotion being evoked by television today, my heart is just hurting for Haiti. They are so graphic and in your face during the news recently. I lost it when I saw a young child, dead, clinging to his dead mother's knees. Yeah. Try and read that without crying, let alone seeing it.
Haiti has been in my mind for the last three years, ever since I moved here to Springfield. I have met two wonderful priests from Haiti and one of them just left permanently to go back to Haiti to continue his priestly duties in his home country. Thank GOD he was an hour from the main damage and was not harmed. However, John and I just learned that among the dead is Haiti's Archbishop. May he rest in peace....
John and I both hope that somehow, at our home parish where one of our dear Haitian priest friends served, that we will be able to contribute to helping Haiti. It is so hard to see the devastation and the children and families torn apart by this disaster and not want to help. I guess I had been sort of ignoring the footage, not wanting to get too close emotionally to it, but seeing that child with his mother and learning that a school of 700 children collapsed, killing all, I just need to do something.
On a happier note, I am slowly organizing the mail from being away from home for a month, and on an even happier note, Henry is walking way more than he was a week ago. He almost doesn't even realize he's doing it. Needless to say, it isn't prompted walking, it is really just convenience. HA! He totally takes after John--not wanting to change until it is absolutely necessary.
Some other things on my mind:
--Finding a great new bakery, owned by a 24 year-old in downtown Springfield. Best. Cinnamon Roll. EVER.
--Losing 82 lbs since March 2009! Only 35 more pounds to lose!!!!
--The snow being completely melted. It's in the 40's which feels likes a freaking FURNACE compared to what it felt like on Sunday when we returned.
--Kicking myself for NOT taking pics of Henry in the snow. In my defense, they don't sell baby snow boots in Springfield(I know, I looked) so he didn't even have any shoes to touch the snow in, but still....
--Realizing that I only have 6 more car payments baby, then it's mine! Yay!!!
Other than these things, just keeping busy and eating way too many sugar free cookies. Also, I did manage to clean our bedroom save for the vacuuming and I also am almost done gathering our articles for TAXES 2009!
I feel...accomplished...for the most part.
***UPDATE--I just heard on the news that Fr. Rudolph's (our priest friend) brother who is also a priest in Haiti is still missing. :( Please pray that he is OK......This is horribly sad news....***
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The Haiti news is pretty sad. I haven't been watching tv lately, so I haven't seen any footage and frankly I don't want to. A child clinging to their dead mother is HORRIBLE and I cannot even imagine the scope of suffering. We will pray for your friend's brother and for all those suffering.
ReplyDelete