It hasen't felt much like Fall around the 626, but it never really does. Today has been the first day it really has felt like Fall since we've moved back. Granted, it's still like 90 degrees, but it is cloudy, overcast and there was actual thunder and lightening. Highly amusing. I made myself some coffee, sat back and enjoyed some Halloween-themed music and just reveled in the pure simplicity of enjoying this time of year.
Today is also a very special Feast Day for me. It's the Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, also called Little Flower. She is a Doctor of the Church and I kind of like to think of her as a sister I never had. For many reasons, none of which will be discussed at this time. BUT! It's her Feast day at that is awesome. It makes me happy, just like Fall does.
Today is also a very special Feast Day for me. It's the Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, also called Little Flower. She is a Doctor of the Church and I kind of like to think of her as a sister I never had. For many reasons, none of which will be discussed at this time. BUT! It's her Feast day at that is awesome. It makes me happy, just like Fall does.
Also on my mind, on a tastier, more superficial note- Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte. Holla! Can't wait to get me some of that. I have withheld thus far because A)it has been too hot(like over 100 degrees hot)to enjoy the beverage of choice and B)even a Tall is like 5 Weight Watchers points and frankly, at 4 lbs from reaching goal, I can't indulge that much in a beverage. Don't drink your calories and all that. I know milk is needed during the day but Pumpkin? Spice? Ok, pumpkin is a veggie....hmmm....I do plan on getting one this weekend though.....
I'm visiting family in Vegas next week, YAY! So looking forward to this trip. Precisely because it IS Fall, and we're(as in the Vegas peeps and I) in the process of planning all sorts of Fall activities like upcoming birthday parties for our kiddos , Halloween costumes, and we're gunna bake. Or....maybe we'll just eat. LOL, whatever. Dying to try Retro Bakery in Vegas, so I will keep y'all posted on that!
Speaking of BAKERIES. Ok, if you live in Southern California and you love cupcakes/cake/and/or/sweets, GO HERE, like immediately:SusieCakes! I did...
And it? WAS AMAZING.

And it? WAS AMAZING.
Long winded, I know, but you really must try to make it to Susie Cakes. There are a ton of locations AND remember to ask for a bag upon check-out, they are way cute,reusable,(at least I will reuse mine) thick paper bags. A fun souvenir from this uber cute bake shop. AND! They do cupcake decorating classes with the owner! So cool! Maybe I will try one of those classes sometime....
In other news, Henry continues to astound us with his ability to understand almost every word we say. Currently, he is sitting on a nearby chair asking for MOW (more) Sprinkles. He doesn't know what exactly they are, but he discovered one on the floor(I know, gross, but what are you going to do?) and at first he didn't eat it, just looked at it and called it Babee a lot(Baby, because it is small) and sort of held it. They I dumped a few fresh ones on a chair at his level and he started experimenting with them. He is now is LITERALLY on the carpet, laying stomach down, searching for any remnant. It's hard to say no to MOW when he also includes BOOF (please).
Henry is already in size 7 shoes (youth size, of course) and I am thinking he will be needing some larger close-toe shoes soon. All of his sandals for the summer are grown out of. He is pretty darn tall which I am not surprised at, as I am sure he is now at 36 inches. I should measure. It's impressive. He remembers an awful lot too, like when I say I will give him a cookie and like, an hour later he still remembers. I don't think that gets any better, huh? He is doing really well adjusting to everything out here in CA. Actually, I'd say he is fully adjusted. It's nice. He is really turning into such a strong, independent, sentimental young boy. His birthday will be a lot of fun, as we're doing a Truck Theme! I'm having a blast coming up with the decor and stuff. These two years have flown by. It's been really amazing....
So, the moral of this blog post is: Life Is Short. Eat More Cupcakes.
Also, Sprinkles Are A REALLY Good Distraction, No Matter What Your Age!

"For many reasons, none of which will be discussed at this time."
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, that line made me crack up. Great post, great pictures, and great knowing you're doing well out there!