Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Rejects.

So, like, babies can't really do anything fun until they're three and stuff.

I discovered this on the 4th of the July. I mean, I always sorta figured that was the case, but the thought didn't set in until right before the fireworks we were about to watch had started. A few pops in the early dusk sky and forget it. Henry had had enough. He was TRYING to sleep. The NERVE of holiday cheer coming along and WAKING him up! Ugh! Anyway, he was promptly removed from the picnic blanket, placed in his car seat and we drove 40 minutes to home.
He cried. The entire way home. All 40 minutes of it.
I know, I know, babies are pre-conditioned to hate loud noises, blah blah blah, it's just that I was all into the holiday spirit and then we couldn't even watch the fireworks. Bummer.
Despite missing The Punchline of the Holiday, it really was a nice day.

We did the following:

I call this one, "The Traditional Leal Feast For Any Holiday Because We Love To Eat and Will Find a Holiday To Eat For."

And then we...

With a little bit of...
And lots more of this...


And even some of this*...


And don't forget this*...

The End.

*Totally lied about the last two. Don't even remember when I took those, but they're cute, huh?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about it being a bust! We had a similar sitch: we spent like $40 on fireworks only to have Ivy burst into tears as soon as we started. So I brought her in, and it took me like half an hour to calm her down, she was so terrified. :( After she was put to bed (and finally fell asleep, after a loooong time), we all went out and set off the rest of the fireworks (which was almost all of them)! Anyway, the parade looked nice, and I love the pics of Henry- he is such a little man!!! I cannot believe how cute he is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh, I LOVE these pictures! Henry's getting to be so big and handsome I can hardly stand it! I'm already planning my first daughter for him, lol.

    I love the quilt! Did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I totally did not make the quilt, we bought it before we got married. Also, that pic of /henry a few posts down was taken at a Holiday Inn, not our house. LOL, wah waaah. I WISH my house was that nice looking, lol.

    Andrea, oh noes! At least you coukd still set them off. Bmmer she was so upset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your pictures of your 4th of July. Thought you made the quilt too! But then remembered "quillows".....!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, Ahhh! Quillows!!! Mary Ann probably still hasn't forgiven me for the brat I was during that whole thing. Ha!

    ReplyDelete