Thursday, July 9, 2009

"*Sexy* Vampire..."

So John and I have gotten into this horrible habit of watching Youtube videos via laptop in the morning and evening before we go to bed. In fact, we watch them while IN bed. A few days ago we stumbled onto a motherload of Goofy and Donald Disney shorts on Youtube and have been really enjoying them(a fact which, up until two days ago didn't disturb me. Then I read about how Michael Jackson used to fall asleep in bed watching Donald Duck shorts on his laptop and it got me thinking...maybe we should stop).
Anyway, I can't remember what started it but somehow we got to Googling Dracula and old horror movies and a Youtube video popped up. It was a two minute segment of the 1931 classic with Bela Lugosi, which I have never seen.
I think you need to watch this so we're on the same page:
Ok, so it's slightly cheesy, but there's something really sinister about Bela's Dracula (duh, he drinks the blood of innocent victims, I get it but still). We started searching for the movie and found it in eight, ten minute pieces on Youtube.com:http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=732D7C353EDAA418&search_query=1931+dracula.

I know, I know, none of you are going to watch it all, but hey-just in case you're ever in the mood. It's really good so far! We have 30 minutes left in the movie but Lugosi is brilliant. He truly is scary. Also, it's really fun to quote the movie using a "Dracula" accent. Also, it's not too shabby for a 1931 film. I think it holds up well, considering.

So, since we've had Dracula(or Draaawcuelaaah) on the brain, naturally we've been daydreaming about the upcoming Fall. We've already planned a rough sketch of the Halloween decorations that we'll use on the front porch and lawn and this is the first time we've agreed on some Halloween costumes. I ain't gunna lie. We're pretty excited we get to Trick or Treat this year. Henry's first Halloween and yes, we will be ToT'ing! There's some nice kid-friendly homes in the area, so we'll hit those. I told John we had to dress up and guess what he wants to beeeee?


So, that means I get to be:

Helen Chandler's character, Mina Harker.

I think you know what happens to her, lol. I figure that although neither of us look much like the people, it will still be fun to get dressed up. I need a good wig, though. I am not going to curl my own hair. Also, I think I have some of that costume jewelry. I also need a thrift-store chiffon dress and a matching scarf...you know, to hide the BITE MARKS! :) Dun Dun DUUUUUN.

So fun.

Oh, and Henry? Well shoot...we didn't get that far! We have no idea what he'll be but he's a cute baby. That should get us some good loot. I mean, get HIM some good loot. Yeah, yeah. That's it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to rack my brain for a costume idea for Henry from Dracula....if I remember the book correctly, Dracula appeared a few times as a wolf-like dog. So maybe Henry could be a wolf or a dog? That's an easy enough costume to find for a baby.

    Dude, I know what you mean, I'm so crazy excited for fall this year. I think I'm going to go as Sarah, from Labyrinth, for Halloween this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dress him up like a bat....black outfit, ears and wings....everybody will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the dog or bat idea. Whichever costume is easier to find at this point!:) Thanks, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man i wish we could be there for halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete