In summary:
-We had our house egged which, you know, doesn't really upset me but it does slightly disturb me. Our neighbors weren't egged at all so I feel targeted. Nobody knows we live here for the most part. I was too lazy to clean up the three egg remnants this morning in our humidity, so maybe I'll get to them later? At least it wasn't toilet paper? I don't know? I'm unsure?
-Henry is now Scaling. You know, Scaling. Come on, they do it between 7 and 10 months. Just kidding. There's no such thing until I discovered there was (in so much that Henry is doing just that, to me) and babies can be good at it. Henry will use my body to stand, climb on, generally step all over until he can stand up straight. He's not that skilled at it just yet but now he will not sit still. At all. Bye-bye Days of Immobility. I put him down and he's immediately trying to climb into my lap, to grab at my boobs to climb ever further. What is he trying to do? I would say just stand but he really likes eating my hair. So...maybe he is climbing to get to it? I have no idea, but it's weird. I also think he may actually skip crawling because he is doing a semi-scoot to a pull-up position most of the time. Whatever.
-Not as weird as this weird scream/whine he does when he's bored. It's like he's testing his voice...from his bowels.....and couple that with a screeching sound like a baby bird. It's loud, and long and very strange. I'm proud to say he is babbling a LOT. Almost non-stop at times. Still toothless, though...
-So I've been abusing John's Inter-Library Loan system. I have been looking up random books on the Internet and then requesting them from his library system at his work. I LOVE IT. I just borrowed two really neat Halloween books, Dressed For Thrills: 100 Years of Halloween Costumes & Masquerade as well as A Halloween Anthology: Literary and Historical Writings Over the Century. Loving them so far.
-In the middle of creating a thorough packing list for the big road trip next week. I fluctuate between not wanting to bring much and wanting to bring my whole house. The two cannot be reconciled as of late, so I have this list that I have been trying to go through and weed out things I don't really need to take with me. That somehow led to me cleaning out the entire back room and organizing it. I haven't done that entirely since I have lived here (*cough cough that'd be about a year and a half now cough cough*) and it feels goooood.
-Watched Knowing with Nicholas Cage. We liked the first hour but when the aliens were introduced, we got kinda weirded out. Over all, 2.5 our of 5 stars. If you don't like End of the World movies, this is not for you. Very grim at times...We are now watching All About Eve. I love that movie!
-Missouri Mosquitoes are evil. I think one is living in our bedroom. I am the only one it likes, as I'm the only one that is waking up each morning with several new marks on my arms and legs. HUGE red spots. My California blood must be delicious or something. I have such a severe reaction to the bites, I am thinking of getting some lotion at the drugstore. Ugh, I hate bugs.
-I realize this is an incredibly boring post, but I felt I needed to update in a way, so there you have it.
Cute baby pictures make things better! Here, have one:

That baby is just too delicious for words. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteThose books sound awesome, and right up your alley! I'm getting all excited for Halloween too, it's so ridiculously early.
Since you're driving, I think it's okay to pack more than you think you'll need. It's not like you're limited to what you can take on the plane, right? Better safe than sorry.
I MISS YOU.