So August came and went and now we are in the middle of September and MAN! Where does the time go?
A few things that have made my time fly out here on the west coast:
I found her site while daydreaming about my son's 2nd birthday party this coming December. One link led to another and a whole new world of blogs opening up to me: BAKING BLOGS. AHHHHHH! Who knew?! Anyway, I'm obsessed! Truly. I even tried my hand at making her signature Cake Pops. They came out pretty awful, but edible. Not too bad for never using candy melts in my life. Still, I was disappointed.
I love her because she seems so downright humble, she makes delicious looking baked goods and I love her photography. Most of all, I think I needed a break from all the "organic-natural-real food-no HFCS-fake-anything" sites I was checking out which pretty much just made me anxious and feel like less of a mother. I am joking, sort of. It's just nice to be able to say SCREW IT once in a while and buy a box cake mix and have fun baking, worrying less about what is actually in the mix I am using. It was refreshing! Is refreshing. I made cupcakes after that. I've been baking, dreaming about baking, and surfing the net for anything to do with the subject. Fun times.
And then there's Serena.....Oh, Serena. How I love you. I wish I could hang out with you for an afternoon and just revel in your artsy, organized and kitschy-cute glory. Please be my friend.
Love, Sara.
Then I started diving into the world of party planning via the Kate Landers website. Very dangerous stuff, guys. So amazing what these women come up with for parties. The most amazing is the Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn party for a one year-old. AH! So cute.
Also, I've been hanging out with family, adjusting to California (and really being thankful I am here and loving every second of it), and making ourselves at home again. No word on selling our home in Missouri yet! But I'm not too worried. Yet! We'll see....
Other than all that, I am slowly making some mom friends, trying to stay on top of stuff here at home and now taking care of a sick almost-two year-old.
Really, nothing much is new....Just living life, you know? And I have to admit it's definitely a lot more fun that blogging about it....I'll be trying my hand at making regular posts yet again, so stay tuned!

Forget blogging. Write me a letter, you bum!
ReplyDelete