Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And Sometimes, I'm Actually Productive.

It all started this past Saturday. I don't know what got into me but John and I just started this whirlwinded(oh yes, it's a word) rampage around our home. We* baby proofed, we* hammered, we* measured, we* nailed, we FINALLY framed, and we* hung. Oh yes, we* hung. It was such a productive Saturday that it bled into our Sunday where I made WALNUT PUMPKIN COOKIES. I KNOW. They were, are, amazing. They're gone. Yum. *Burp* Nah, I didn't eat them all. I made them for our church potluck (I KNOW!So quaint!) and had my share, but offered the rest to the hungry families and can I just say? They totally bragged about them. I was so proud. They had no idea I made them and they got all sorts of compliments. I also need to mention that the Banana Pudding I made a few months ago also got rave reviews. I must thank my Magnolia Bakery Cookbook which has become my cooking bible as of late. It is just such a charming book and I really dig the author and baker's philosophy.
Look! Cookies!

And that little endeavor bled into the best chocolate cupcake I have ever had ( I made these today):
Another shot from Sunday (out of order because Blogger is being dumb):
Henry update:

He is crawling over me right now and is sobbing his eyes out. He WAS asleep. I need to wrap this up. He has two teeth, bottom ones, and a third top tooth coming in. Cantankerous baby here. He is mimicking us when we make elephant sounds, he is standing up using things, he is just over all growing up too darn fast.

*We, as in John. In my defense, I framed the photo!

2 comments:

  1. OMG those cookies look DELISH.

    So i was like, what are those little stars by the word "we"? And then I got to the end and now I know LOL. You are such an entertaining blogger. I need more of these please!

    So, he mimicks the elephant sounds you make??? My question is: why elephant sounds? That is so random. I mean, maybe turtle sounds, giraffe sounds, or even suckapotamus sounds I can understand. But really...elephants? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elephant sounds. That is just how I describe them. It's the sharp noise made by blowing with all of your force on your closed lips. Like, puffing them out with air. LOL. He is just so cute because John does this huge sound like "PPPPFFFFTTTTTT!" and then Henry doe this little tiny version like "Brrrrrrfff!" Kids. Are. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete