AT & T. How I hate thee. Fine, I did have a comment after all.
They accidentally disconnected our Internet a week before they were supposed to. This past week has been a technological Comedy of Errors staring yours truly. A nightmare. I won't even get into details, other than that there was no reason for the disconnect, or for the rude employees we spoke with, or for how difficult it was just to get our phone and Internet connected again and I hope I never have to disconnect our DSL for any reason other than to CANCEL our subscription with AT&T. I felt so....disconnected, actually. We are already as isolated as can be and we survive on a steady diet of Hulu and Monk re-runs and EWTN shows and how am I supposed to LIVE in this world without my celebrity gossip, people?! HOW? Not to mention my 300 junk e-mails I needed to sift through when we logged back on yesterday for the first time in almost two weeks.
So what is new? Ironically, even with a week's passing, not much. However, Henry has had a big week.
After debating back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back again, I decided to start Henry on solids. We're on day three of Rice Cereal and we snuck some banana in yesterday. He seems confused about the food, but he LOVES drinking from cups. To my relief, of course, because I thought for sure he would be a boob-only man for all of his liquid needs. Not so, it seems. I almost didn't know when to let him STOP drinking filtered water. He was so excited and wanted more. He has 4 teeth now, two bottom and two uppers. He hasn't bitten me on purpose yet, but I can feel his sharp teeth while he nurses and yeah, I hope that never happens.

Unsure about growing up. Would rather nurse until he is 30.

His tentative, Very First Bite EVER.

Day Two, "Woman, Get That Camera Out Of My Face! I Thought We Discussed This..."
"No, Wait, Wait, I Saw Willy Wonka do this once!"
Henry is doing really, really well. At Church he waved to this family and said, "Bye!" after Mass ended, but whether he knows what that meant, or whether he actually MEANT to say that is a whole other issue. It was cute, though. He also waves "Hi" when he feels like it when people say hello to him. He can pull up and cruise around and he loves riding our legs and playing Horsey. He is into eating books, mainly, and enjoys making weird boy-sounds. Even at this tender age, there is no denying he is all Boy.
John and I are beginning to speak of the next one and we're pretty excited to see if it will be a boy or girl. I think this house could use a girl. Although, I resign myself to being capable of only producing boys. We'll see. It'd hard to believe he is almost 10 months! Sheesh!
In other, shallow news, I have lost a ton of freaking weight and pulled out the last of the clothes I had packed away into the basement that were too small for me to wear. I am wearing clothes I wore two years ago, but THIS time...THIS time, they're baggy! I have a long way to go, but I suspect by April I will be down to my goal weight. FINALLY! I'll have to celebrate.....until then, I'm celebrating NOW! Eating healthy, running around after Henry, and being busy being a wife and mother.
Life is good. Even if AT&T steps in to mess it up once in a while.
Oooh, I LOVE these pictures! Henry's getting so big, I can't believe it.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your internet's finally back up! Now write me, you bum.
Henry totally looks like John in the "get outta my face pic!!!" Glad you have your internet back!!!!
ReplyDelete