I'm trapped in my bedroom.
The baby refuses to sleep without me nursing him and it's seldom that I will patiently nurse him on the rock hard floor of our TV room. I usually put him to sleep on our bed but falling off beds isn't a good thing for little babies. Anyway, he's finally sleep (FINALLY) and I can't leave the room for fear of him crawling off the edge when I'm not here. ANYWAY, so here I am.
I baked banana bread, though. Do I win a prize? Other than having to clean up the dishes and mess in the kitchen? It turned out slightly burnt. Boo. I suppose we'll just have to enjoy it with large quantities of liquid, like coffee.
So, did you all know we are reaching the End of Grilling Days? You know, Labor Day marks the end of grilling as we know it, or until next summer. Whichever comes first.
Seriously, I know that's a rididuclous statement, but somehow I managed to fall for it.
Me(After reading Marthastewart.com): John, we really ought to grill those hot dogs and the rest of the chicken this weekend.
John: silence.
Me: You know, because it's the last real weekend to grill before the winter months.
John: Why can't we grill during the winter?
Me: Well, you know because it's cold and....I don't know, Martha Stewart said so.
John: laughs, Ooooohhhh, Oooookaaaay.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
A tidbit. A pointless, sanity-keeping tidbit.
Labels:
conversations,
food,
henry,
john,
martha stewart never lies,
seasons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL hahhhahhhha that is an AWESOME convo between you and John. I can just hear it now LOL! I also love the tag of "Martha Stewart never lies"!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I am sorry you are trapped! I know how that can be. BUT I am selfishly, secretly glad that you are trapped and had to blog to keep your sanity, because I was JUST hoping you had blogged by some miracle, even though it didn't show up on my feed. WTH! So I just went on here, praying and wishing and hoping, and viola! My prayers were answered. That was very entertaining and just what I needed. So thanks! :)
PS - Banana Bread sounds DELISH. I could totally go for some of that, with coffee.
PPS - I used a LOT of caps in this comment., if you didn't notice! Also, exclamation points too!