I love that song from the Beatles.
We're in the middle of packing our belongings and getting ready to head out in the next week.
I have said goodbye to a lot of friends already,though a few goodbyes seemed a lot more sad than others. I still have a slew of wonderful women to say goodbye to this week though. It's emotionally draining! I've already shed tears and yeah.....it's sad.
I think....when you move away from somewhere....you find out who your true friends really are. They are the ones who make the time to say goodbye, not the ones whom you have to chase down, hogtie, and give one last goodbye hug to. I had a few of those goodbyes this week. I mean, of course I didn't HAVE to say goodbye to them, but John nudged me in their direction. He is my better half, after all, so I took his advice.
John: Don't you want to say goodbye to So and So?
Me: No...not really....
John: Stare.
Me: Ok, ok, I will..........
It is all so much like the end of high school around here. Lots of "Stay Sweet, Never Change!" phrases being exchanged. Also, lots of "I'll email you!!!!!!" I know I sound cynical but maybe it is because I am. I get that way at times.
And so, I end this brief update.
Back to moving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL you are funny. I know what you mean about not really wanting to say bye to some people. Sometimes you just kind of know that they just dont care. Still, I suppose its the nicer thing to do. And good point about knowing who your real friends are!
ReplyDelete